Race Commentary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FINAL SERIES SCORING SYSTEM DETAILS

+5
Livin' good
flahute
BikeBeth
JK
bill
9 posters

Go down

FINAL SERIES SCORING SYSTEM DETAILS Empty FINAL SERIES SCORING SYSTEM DETAILS

Post  bill Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:29 pm

No, I don't just figure out who I want to win at the end of the season then create something to make it happen. Here's the full scoring system for this year, so you can start trying to figure out where you'll end up, or maybe how to take advantage of the intricacies.

1. After the last race, your GC Points will be tallied as usual:
(race points x GC Multiplier) + previous point total
(Example: Mauricio was in 10th place, earned 90 race points and had a previous point total of 100. He has 900 points + 100 = 1,000 GC Points.)

2. There is also a Season Multiplier this year. The Season Multiplier is calculated according to your season-long results. (The Performance Tracker is there for a reason):
each Win = 5 points
each Top 3 = 4 points
each Top 5 = 3 points
each Top 10 = 2 points
each Top 20 = 1 point
All of your points are added together to figure out your Season Multiplier.
(Example: Mauricio had one win, two top 10s and one Top 20 for a Season Multiplier of 10.)

3. Your GC Points are multiplied by your Season Multiplier.
(Example: Mauricio's 1,000 GC points x his Season Multiplier of 10 = 10,000 points)

4. PBRs are added. So the Final GC is the total of: (GC Points x Season Multiplier) + Total PBRs.
(Example: Mauricio drank 2 PBRs for the season. So his Final GC is 10,000 + 2 = 10,002.)

SOME NOTES:
This is different from last year, when the only additional multiplier was for wins.

It makes sense, obviously, to try to come into the final week of racing with a large GC Multiplier, so there might be temptation to sandbag before the last week to drop down the standings. That's a legit strategy, but don't forget to balance that against the fewer points you'll earn for your Season Multiplier if you finish lower than you normally would. (In other words, if your forfeit a Top 3 to try to drop down the standings, you're giving up 4 points in your eventual Season Multiplier.)

There is no separate parallel calculation for the Women's Champ this year; highest scoring woman under the combined system wins. (Last year, I retroactively broke each of the women out week-by-week and ranked them only against other women each race to create a separate scoring system to determine the champion. So if Bertha finished fourth in a race but was the first woman, she got credit for a win in the women's division. This year, she would simply get the benefit of Top 5 points for her Season Multiplier.)

There is no singlespeed, fixed or master's division this year. There will be a junior's division champion.

In the event of a PBR tie, there will be a one-race deathmatch after the final race. It will be same number of laps as people who are tied (3 ties = 3 laps) and will include 2 PBRs per racer, plus 1 (3 racers = 7 PBRs).

Steak is a nut for this shit, and will likely be running all kinds of numerical scenarios. See him if you want to discuss your chances.

No whining.

bill

Back to top Go down

FINAL SERIES SCORING SYSTEM DETAILS Empty Re: FINAL SERIES SCORING SYSTEM DETAILS

Post  JK Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:54 pm

If one has no season multiplier points (because one considers it a victory to get around the course without medical attention), does that make one's final total simply the number of PBRs consumed?

JK

Back to top Go down

FINAL SERIES SCORING SYSTEM DETAILS Empty quick calculations

Post  BikeBeth Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Oh boy, I can't wait to see how Bowman and Brad try to work the system once they figure out that as of today they both have a Season Multiplier of 54...

BikeBeth

Back to top Go down

FINAL SERIES SCORING SYSTEM DETAILS Empty Re: FINAL SERIES SCORING SYSTEM DETAILS

Post  Plunkett Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:36 pm

Taylor,
Bowman is going to need a few days off to figure out how many PBR's he needs to beat Brad

Plunkett

Back to top Go down

Post  BikeBeth Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:42 pm

Wouldn't it be truly fitting if it really did come down to 1 PBR?

BikeBeth

Back to top Go down

Post  flahute Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:44 pm

Meanwhile, Brad is replacing his heart rate monitor with this:

FINAL SERIES SCORING SYSTEM DETAILS 41%2BfYKoRVWL._AA280_
flahute
flahute

Back to top Go down

Post  brad Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:47 pm

Nope, not me... I'm happy to do the best I can on "natural time" and let the chips fall where they may.

brad

http://www.fordweb.us

Back to top Go down

Post  Livin' good Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:56 pm

Oh come on Brad, where's the fire??? Sounds like quitter talk...and quitters never win...

Livin' good

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowman Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:17 pm

In case it does come down to PBR's, please check my total again? It seems to be a little off.....I had two Sunday for the team race and two for each race last night....

Bowman

Back to top Go down

Post  brad Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:15 pm

Stop whining and review rule number 3:

"3. All mistakes in timing, finish order and reporting of results are final."

brad

Back to top Go down

Post  Plunkett Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:42 pm

I'm still amazed that Mike is the leader two weeks in a row. Is that a FSX first? Mike your my hero again.

Plunkett

Back to top Go down

Post  Plunkett Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Not that I understand any of Bill's scoring, the most confusing part was who the hell is Mauricio?

Thanks to Wikipedia I now know:
Mauricio Kagel (born Buenos Aires, December 24, 1931) is an Argentine composer who has lived in Cologne, Germany since 1957. He is most famous for his interest in developing the theatrical side of musical performance.

His work is described as a "ballet for non-dancers", kind of like FSX " a "Bike race for non-racers"

Plunkett

Back to top Go down

Post  brad Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:17 pm

Glad to see we're not too busy today, Plunkett....

brad

Back to top Go down

Post  BikeBeth Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:21 pm

Thanks for the info. It's been bugging me all morning about Mauricio. Now can you find out about Bertha? I think Selene and X2 want to TP her house.

BikeBeth

Back to top Go down

Post  tom Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:17 pm

Good. There's still hope. Just 971 PBR's and I'm right there.

tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down