Race Commentary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rest is for Wussies

Go down

Rest is for Wussies Empty Rest is for Wussies

Post  BikeBeth Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:59 pm

Fifth Street Crossers made quite a showing around the big ol’ U.S. of A this past weekend…

At the Phillipsburg Riverfront Cross on Sunday, 7 FSXers raced, 2 podiumed and 3 finished top-10.
Men C
3. Bowman
10. Plunkett
33. George V
35. Molteni Joe
(Heath DNF’d, but hey, he was there instead of sitting on the coach reading a lousy book like me.)

Men 45+
11. Spago

Women
3. X2

Further East, the Yozells made a weekend of it in Rhode Island. Mike’s 13th on Saturday and 3rd on Sunday landed him on the Masters 35+ podium (3rd) in the overall for the season-long New England Championship Series. And Erica’s 16th place Saturday and 7th on Sunday put her 20th overall in Elite Women in the series. Anyone think they’ll have fast kids?

And then there’s Tilford who moosied up to destroy the rest of the field amid 30-degree rain and ice in the Oklahoma State Cyclocross Championships. You think this guy is gonna let strep throat and an eye infection stop him? Here’s his analysis:
“I won the race easily. And I came away with a good feeling of not having damaged myself too badly, and maybe got some fitness. But, that isn’t anything for sure because when your legs are virtually submerged in ice water for an hour, it is pretty hard to gauge how they feel.”

BikeBeth

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum