Race Commentary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results

5 posters

Go down

Results Empty Results

Post  BikeBeth Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:46 am

Race start: 5:10 p.m., Dec. 4, 2008
Riders doing some laps: 16
Riders finishing: 8

1. Brad; 63 laps, 1 PBR; finish: 5:24 p.m.
2. Taylor; 58 laps; 0 PBR; finish: 5:26
3. Matt A; 51 laps; 13 PBR; 5:22
4. Dan; 39 laps; 5 PBR; 5:23
5. Heath; 37 laps; 11 PBR; 5:20
6. Yarnall; 37 laps; 25 PBR; 5:21
7. Robi; 32 laps; 32 PBR; 5:26
8. Lath; 30 laps; 0 PBR; 5:25
9. Army Jay; 30 laps; 11 PBR; 5:31

Other racers:
10. Pryor; 24 laps; 12 PBR
11. Topher; 18 laps; 4 PBR
12. Plunkett; 13 laps; 13 PBR*
13. Bobby; 11 laps; 5 PBR
13. Rob L; 11 laps; 0 PBR
13. Swope; 11 laps; 0 PBR
16. Graham; 7 laps; 0 PBR

* Plunkett actually drank 14 Peebers, but took his 14th around 1 a.m., intending to come back in the a.m. to finish the 24 hours and would start on the PBR shortcut. Since he didn't return to FSX, he doesn't get credit for the PBR.

BikeBeth

Back to top Go down

Results Empty Re: Results

Post  taylor Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:58 am

Just want to say Thank You to the Strickland's and everyone who came out and supported this event. Especially I'd like to thank Pete for the bike washes and technical/immoral support/heckling.~taylor

taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Straus Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:58 pm

This was the most f$%&ing retarded thing I have ever seen... That is what made it so cool... Much Respect to those who toughed it out for the long haul... What a group of wackjobs we have here in the little town of Emmaus... Twisted Evil

Straus

Back to top Go down

Post  BikeBeth Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:39 pm

taylor wrote:Especially I'd like to thank Pete for the bike washes and technical/immoral support/heckling.

I'll second that. Thanks to Pete for hanging and keeping me company throughout the long, cold night while all the racers were sleeping. It would've been tough going it alone through the wee hours. Also thanks for helping with the 4 a.m. walking and repairing all the downed stakes and tape.
Thanks to Army Jay for being talked into waking up and doing a couple laps when things were dark, cold and bleak between 3 and 5 a.m. And for allowing Pete and I to get in your way on the course and heckle you. Also, thanks Jay for splitting a boatload of wood--both before FSX and between laps around 6 a.m.
Thanks for everyone that brought food, drinks and support (sorry if I forgot someone, I was a little fuzzy on who was here at certain points):
Tom for the midnight grocery store run for pizza, muffins and bacon.
Scott for 6 a.m. orange juice for our sunrise Milwaukee mimosas. And for repeatedly filling in and helping with the timing both days.
The Yozells for 7 a.m. Dunkin' Donuts and coffee. And Armetta's pizza for lunch. And continued support through the day.
Selene for egg sandwiches and Emmaus bakery apple fritters.
Joe for more Dunkin' Donuts and coffee.
Pearson for champagne, which was uncorked at 5:30 post-race.
Dan Hart for cooking up 3 pounds of bacon.
Liz for the bolis.
Ray for special delivery of chai.
And for everyone that just stopped up throughout the day to cheer on the racers. When I saw a mass of people walking up the driveway up 5 p.m., solely coming to spectate the end of the race, it really hit how special our cycling community really is.

BikeBeth

Back to top Go down

Post  brad Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:20 pm

I got up this morning to dutifully post results and have been lounging around ever since.

Thinking of the things I should do today, I'm wishing Pete were around for just one more bike wash... Thanks Pete for being our one man pit-crew.

Tracy made me pancakes for breakfast and now I wish someone would bring some lunch to me as I sit on the sofa... Thanks to everyone who brought food and drink, to the best of my recollection: Tom, Joe, Selene, Ray, the Yozells and others I'm sure.

The tea and Advil hasn't been helping my throat or aches and pains too much, which has me thinking my season lasted one race too long—I wonder what put me over the edge? Thanks to our "enablers" Beth and Bill, for their endless pursuit of stupidity and opportunities to hurt one's self at the expense of your yard, home and family life.

Thanks to everyone with nothing better to do than drink beer, heckle and cheer us on, because it just wouldn't be the same without an audience.

And lastly, thanks to all my fellow 24 hours of FSX competitors whose names I called and who returned encouragement for hours on end. You are all a bunch of idiots. I say this with authority, because as they say, it takes one to know one. Thanks especially to Taylor, without whom I would have sat happily in front of a warm fire for the last couple of hours. Thanks buddy.

brad

http://www.fordweb.us

Back to top Go down

Results Empty not a correction exactly...

Post  Lath Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:26 pm

I know all mistakes are final, so maybe just because I took so long to drink it you all missed my last lap PBR. So now I finally know what the shortcut is. You drunks have it easy!

Lath

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down