Shout out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shout out

Post  BikeBeth on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:22 am

First to Jeremy, Amy and Simon for a once again outdoing themselves and putting on a spectacular Belgian Cross. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, it does. Those wooden shoes are killer. And you were right--no one even missed the chocolate. One question for the Katzs: what does it mean that you made heart-shaped waffles in 2006 and this year we're served squares?

Second, to all 60 spectators who screamed, chased, rang bells, jumped into my path, knocked me off my bike, hung from trees and all other forms of "encouragement" during my super-secret ITT. I felt like I was back on Marie Blanc, hearing deafening shouts of "le femine!". Only then I was fast. Special acknowledgement to Kuklis, Ryan, Scooter, Pryor and Hans for their ability to reappear at an amazing number of spots to taunt me down the trail.

Third, to Bowman, for overhearing that I was once again nearly shut out of waffles, and offering half of his up.

And to Natalie, for having the good sense to ask me to "lay with her for just a minute" at midnight when I left the firepit fun to check on her.

BikeBeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shout out

Post  Livin' good on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:51 am

I got a heart shaped waffle...and it was so delicious!

Livin' good

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JK on Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:08 pm

We made both square and heart shaped waffles, and we assigned them to people based on a complex formula based on GC standing, birth order, and blood alcohol level.

JK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hans on Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:10 pm

I guess the BAL factor was; whoever drinks more, gets less food... wait, I just forgot to eat while I was out looking for the beer I stashed on the course for mid race drinking.

hans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top